Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friday the 23?



Yesterday might as well have been Friday the 13 instead of the 23. It all started as soon as Mike woke up. He went outside to go start his truck and he hadn't realized that it had rained the night before leaving everything with a thick layer of ice. He stepped off of our porch onto the sidewalk, slipped and fell right to the ground (just like in Home Alone). He landed on his right elbow leaving it swollen and painful for the day.
I called him around lunch to see how he was feeling and to see if he was ready (we eat lunch together everyday). On Mike's way to pick me up, my brother called and wanted to meet up for lunch. As I got into the truck I told Mike we were going to lunch with my family. I might as well have told him I had gotten fired. He was SO mad. Nothing against my family. It was very clear that he didn't want to go to lunch with anyone that day. I made him suck it up and we went anyway. By the way I had a great time!
After lunch we headed back to work. I had only been working for about an hour when Mike called. He had sliced his finger open on some duct work while he was drilling a hole next to it, and needed stitches. He asked if I would go with him. He doesn't handle pain, blood, or needles very well. We got to the hospital and there was a huge line in E.R.. Come to find out there had been several accidents that day. and not to mention 3 other people ahead of us in the waiting room. The lady at registration told us to have a seat, it's going to be a while. We waited for an hour, then they finally called him back to Triage, looked at his wound and I filled out all the paper work. After Triage we went to another waiting room to wait for another hour. They finally took us back to the E.R. room. From there it was another hour and half. He ended up needing 3 stitches, it was right across his knuckle and went clear down to the bone. The doctor was concerned about the stitches ripping open so the wrapped his finger up to point that he can't move it. Mike also wanted me to mention that the shots hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks.
Thankfully the rest of the night was drama free. We spent the rest of the night at home watching movies. We even had pizza delivered. We decided making dinner would be too much of a risk.




7 comments:

jen hulet said...

Oh, Poor Mike...
E.R's are the absolute worse! The smell of one makes me light headed. Thank Goodness Mike won't be having the babies:)

Anonymous said...

Had a bad day! Listen to the song by Daniel Powder...

Kathy said...

I'm glad your feeling better... I was really worried about your elbow yesterday! I know exactly how you feel about stitches etc... I'm really sorry that I passed the whole blood and light-headed thing onto Michael:(.

BTW... I really enjoyed your visit tonight... you really should do that more often:)!

Joan said...

Sure sorry to hear about Michael's finger and elbow...it's probably because he didn't want to go to lunch with your brother...next time he will be happy to go with them.

Kris said...

Poor guy!! Men never handle pain well...good thing they dont have kids.. haha.

Brigitte said...

awww... poor guy! At least it was a friday and you two could have the weekend to recover. I have to admit that him complaining about the shot is kinda funny. I can just see him freaking out more than you when you have kids. haha. You'll be the one consoling him while you're in labor. ;)

Kael and Katy said...

Yuck! That stuff makes me a little sick. I've never had stitches before, and when I saw the picture MY finger started to hurt (I think) haha